3. Combination Skin
The Combination Skin Type is thought to be one of the most common types. It tends to be oily in some areas (predominately the T-zone) and dry or normal in other areas. It may need a slightly different approach depending on each area.
- Pores that look larger than normal
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Shiny skin
- Dry patches and acne breakouts at the same time
Tips to help with dry skin:
- Use a gentle, gel-based cleanser
- Avoid products that incorporate excessive fragrance
- Exfoliate with a gentle exfoliant
- Manage moisturiser needs carefully. On oilier days, use a gel-textured product, on more dry days use a richer textured product.
4. Normal Skin
The Normal Skin Type can be hard to typically define as "normal" skin simply means what is normal for you. However, the “normal skin” type can broadly be defined as skin that can tolerate most things without overreacting. It is skin that is healthy, well hydrated and radiant.
Typical signs skin is “normal”:
- Skin that isn't overly oily or dry
- Uniform texture
- No or few imperfections
- Pores that are barely visible
- A radiant complexion
Tips to look after normal skin:
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays to keep skin healthy
- Apply an antioxidant serum to help prevent premature wrinkles
- Daily use of a gentle, effective cleanser and moisturiser
What about sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is a skin ‘condition’ rather than a skin ‘type’. It describes skin that is more reactive than usual. It is easily irritated by the elements — wind, sun, heat, or cold — or by topical products. This happens because the protective layer of the skin surface becomes very thin. This allows irritants to penetrate the skin which can lead to redness, swelling, scaling, flaking, as well as tightening, itching, burning and prickling sensations.
To avoid irritation, avoid friction, excessive heat and triggers such as alcohol, smoking or stress. Do not over-scrub or over-exfoliate, as well as use overly harsh products. Use a gentle face wash and natural products free of irritants.
Let’s be sure!
The Anti Wrinkle Clinic are skincare specialists and we can help you get to know your skin, as well as find the best treatments for your ailments. If you’re not sure what your skin type is, or want to know more, contact us for a friendly consultation today.